Submissions are now closed.
|Submission of Abstracts by||Closed|
|Notification of Acceptance by||31 May, 2017|
|Submission of full paper by||11 August, 2017|
On behalf of the IEEE Power Electronics Society, the organisers of INTELEC® 2017, invite technical contributions for presentation and discussion on the Gold Coast, 22‐26 October, 2017. The INTELEC forum is board in technical scope, and contributions to the Technical Program range from academic and industry‐based research and development, through to field application trials and practical engineering experiences, through to the economics and cost‐benefit analyses of different technical solutions for ICT energy infrastructure. The topics and subject‐matter interest areas for INTELEC® 2017 include, but are not limited to:‐
Topics (themes) and subject matter and interest areas
ICT Energy Infrastructure design & functionality
- Future requirements & predictions
- Communications energy backbone for the IoT
- Integration into Smart Building regimes
- Availability, resilience, & interoperability
- Disaster recovery and mitigation
- Life‐cycle operation & maintenance
- Regulatory regimes & engineering standards.
- Economics of reliable ICT energy
Back‐up power & UPS
- AC & DC UPS
- Hybrid design opportunities
- Genset/fuel cell systems
- Economics of highly‐reliable back‐up & UPS
Power system architectures & distribution systems
- Distributed AC & DC energy
- Traditional low voltage DC
- Wireless power transfer for hand‐held devices
- Grounding & EMC considerations
- Power conversion know‐how & technologies
- New circuit topologies, control schemes and converter designs
- High efficiency & high power‐density power supplies
Batteries & Energy Storage
- Traditional & advanced battery technologies
- Architectures & topologies for energy storage
- Energy storage modeling & life‐cycle costing
- Battery monitoring
Renewable & alternative energy sources
- Renewable energy generation in ICT powering
- Remote‐area energy and power systems
- Cost‐benefits of renewable energy
Energy Efficiency & Thermal Management
- Energy consumption & reduction opportunities
- Trends in energy‐efficient thermal designs and cooling plant
- Facility (building) energy management
The official language of INTELEC® 2017 is English. All submissions and presentations must be in English.
The Technical Program for INTELEC® 2017 will consist of parallel technical streams of presentations of the papers (and posters) accepted for inclusion in the IEEE Conference Proceedings, educational tutorials, one or more workshops and special interest seminars, and a commercial ‘product‐exposure’ stream for manufacturers and solution providers.
All submissions of contributions to the Technical Program must be submitted through the on‐line system on this site.
Use the 'Submit your Contribution' link above. Please upload your submission as a MS word document.
The abstract/digest should consist of sufficient material and information considered necessary by the author(s) to demonstrate relevance and technical merit of the paper. Digests should not be shorter than 400 words and a maximum of two (2) A4 pages inclusive of any diagrams and/or figures. Abstracts will be assessed by blind peer review. Author(s) can nominate their preference for their paper to be delivered as either an oral presentation or as a poster. However, the final presentation type will be at the discretion of the Technical Program Committee.
Please ensure that the abstract/digest document that you upload has title and content only and does not identify the authors or their affiliations. Please use the template provided.
Acceptance of Papers
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by email and issued with instructions for preparation of full paper or poster for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore. Presentation Guidelines will also be issued. Content of full paper must be consistent with the subject matter described in the original Abstract, and must not contain commercial advertising or product endorsements. Papers will be checked for compliance. Authors are not exempt from Registration Fees. The presenting author must register as a full conference delegate by the Presenters Registration deadline date (date to be advised) otherwise their paper(s) and/or poster(s) will be removed from the Conference Proceedings. No‐show presentations may result in the paper or poster being removed from IEEE Xplore.
A number of educational tutorials and training seminars will be offered at INTELEC 2017. Tutorials and/or training seminars are conducted on a commercial basis. Proposals from individuals or companies interested in providing tutorial or training services should consist of 1000 word (max.) summary outlining scope and content, and should include presenter credentials and contact details.
Please submit your Tutorial proposal via the 'Submit your Contribution' link above.
Workshops & special interest seminars
INTELEC® is renowned for lively and informative workshops and special seminars in topical areas within the industry. Workshops and special seminars arise from interest and passion within the INTELEC® community and rely on the participation and input of conference delegates. Ideas for workshop and seminars subject matter for INTELEC® 2017 are welcome.
Please submit a short outline of your idea for a workshop or a special interest seminar via the 'Submit your Contribution' link above.
Commercial Product Stream
As part of the Industry Exhibition at INTELEC® 2017, a separate technical content stream is available for manufacturers and product providers to give formal technical presentations to conference delegates without the need to observe the prohibition on commercial promotion which applies in the peer‐review process of technical papers. Papers in the Commercial Product Stream are not included in the Conference Proceeding or IEEE Xplore, but the Commercial Product Stream is listed in the Conference Program. Papers submitted for the Commercial Product Stream should not be merely sales or marketing material and are accepted on the basis of the technical content and merit outlined in an abstract or summary of the proposed paper.
Papers offered for the Commercial Product Stream are not peer‐reviewed. Please submit your digest for consideration of acceptance into the Commercial Product Stream via the 'Submit your Contribution' link above.
Key Dates to Remember
|Abstract submission by||28 April, 2017|
|Notification of acceptance by||31 May, 2017|
|Submission of full paper by||11 August, 2017|
|Tutorial Proposals by||28 April, 2017|
|Workshops & Special Seminar proposals by||28 April, 2017|
- Key Dates
- Call for ContributionsClosed
- Close of call for abstracts/digestsClosed
- Close of Tutorial/Workshop & Special Seminar proposalsClosed
- Notification of acceptance31 May 2017
- Close of earlybird 30 June 2017
- Final Paper Submission11 August 2017
- Accommodation booking deadline9 October 2017
- INTELEC© 201722-26 October 2017